Here’s a trivia question: Of all the e-mails sent daily, how many are legit and how many are pushing worthless products and scams?
Just 11% of all e-mail traffic is legit, according to a study by website Pingdom. That’s right — 89% of all e-mails are spam messages.
Some perspective: 294 billion e-mails are sent every day. That makes 262 spam e-mails daily.
More e-mails uncovered by the study:
- 107 trillion emails were sent in 2010.
- There are 1.88 billion email users worldwide.
- There were 480 million new email users in 2010.
- There are 2.9 billion email accounts worldwide.
- 25% or all accounts are corporate.