With so many people – including IT pros – currently looking for work, it’s important to write resumes that can grab someone’s attention. But these caught the hiring manager’s eye for the wrong reasons.
A recent CareerBuilder survey asked hiring managers and HR professionals to reveal the most outrageous and unusual mistakes or intentional revelations they’d ever seen. Here were some of the top responses:
- Candidate’s email address on the resume included the phrase “shakinmybootie.”
- Candidate used first name only.
- Candidate said the more you paid him, the harder he worked.
- Candidate said he just wanted an opportunity to show off his new tie.
- Candidate listed her dog as reference.
- Candidates — a husband and wife looking to share the job — submitted a co-written poem.
- Candidate said that he would be a “good asset to the company” — but spelled “asset” without the “et.”
What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever seen on an IT job candidate’s resume? Let us know in the comments section below.