A recent survey says some certifications can give IT pros an edge in the job market. Which ones are the most valuable?
While most IT pros can claim expertise in a variety of areas, it helps to have something concrete to show prospective employers, according to a recent report from Dice Holdings, the company that runs Dice.com, a specialized job board for the IT sector.
Certifications can also help employees and job candidates negotiate higher pay, say the folks at Dice.
These certifications are most in demand right now, according to the report:
- Project Management Professionals (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE)
- A+ (a vendor-neutral certification for network administration) from CompTIA
- Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP)
- Network+ (a CompTIA certifcation for network admins)
- CISSP (security certification that requires five years of information security experience)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL)
- Security+ (also a CompTIA certification for security pros)