Given the ubiquity of Microsoft Word, a lot of folks in your company would likely appreciate some tips on how to save time while using the word processor.
Here are seven useful, but lesser known, Word tips, from tech blog Gizmodo:
- Highlight an entire sentence by holding CTRL while clicking a word.
- Add a comment box to deliver feedback on someone else’s document. In Word 2007 and above, highlight a portion of text, click the Review tab in the Ribbon bar, and select New Comment.
- Automatically start a bullet list by typing an asterisk and hitting the space bar.
- Use Word’s built-in thesaurus by highlighting a word or phrase and pressing Shift+F7.
- Jump to different sections of a long document by using bookmarks. Position the cursor in the appropriate spot and go to Insert > Links > Bookmark.
- Highlight text vertically by holding ALT and using the mouse cursor.
- Password protect documents by clicking on File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.