Predicting where IT hiring isn’t easy. It seems like every day there’s a conflicting report about where the job market is going.
Skills that’ll advance careers
But regardless of the overall trends, there are some positions that are definitely in demand. Training provider K Alliance has put out an infographic highlight the top 12 jobs in IT for advancing careers – including the average salaries.
- Systems analyst ($73,000)
- Software developer ($92,000)
- Mechanical engineer ($82,000)
- Cloud architect ($112,000)
- Web developer ($90,000)
- IT consultant ($94,600)
- Mobile app developer ($90,000)
- Network engineer ($91,000)
- Program/project manager ($68,000)
- Forensic investigator ($64,000)
- Database administrator ($82,000), and
- Health information technician ($45,000)